Saturday, March 17, 2012

MARCH MADNESS

So, I guess it has been about a month since my last post.  I know I need to get better at remembering this thing!  Anyway, Monkey started softball & is loving it.  Beast is growing & finally wearing some 18-24 months clothes (at almost 3 years old!).  Monster is moving through the grief process of her bio mother, step father, and two younger siblings as well as expected for an 8 year old.  (For newer visitors, they did not pass away.  She is not allowed to have any contact with them per bio-mom's request after the events in July 2011.)

Hubby is coming up on the one year mark at his "new" job & he still loves it most days.

We are finishing up our first year of home school & I can say that it wasn't what I expected, but we are learning - ALL of us!  I am learning what not to do, how to adjust lessons for our girls' needs, how to balance the fun with the seat work, & how to navigate the treacherous questions & comments of those who either don't understand or too close minded to see our choice as OURS.  :)  We're looking forward to our first Stanford 10 tests in early May & seeing just how much we have grown.

Hubby & I took a WONDERFUL seminar today with Tina Houser at our church.  She is hilarious, engaging, and innovative.  I can't wait to use her ideas for teaching children in our church as well as our home!

See ya soon, but for now it's dinner time.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment