Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stepmother's Bill of Rights

Stepmother's Bill of Rights

I will be part of the decision-making process in my marriage and family at all times.

People outside the immediate family - including ex-wives, in-laws- cannot make plans that affect my life without my consent.

I will not be responsible for the welfare of children for whom I can set no limits.

I must be consulted about the children that will live with us, when they can visit and how long they will stay.

I will be consulted regarding all family financial matters.

Others may not violate my private space at home.

I will never be treated as an "outsider" in my own home.

My stepchildren will treat me with respect.

Our marriage is our first priority, and we will address all issues together.

No comments:

Post a Comment