Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another Update

WOOHOO! It's Sunday night & everything is all right, LOL! Time for a little update for those I can't keep up with every day...I still love you all though!

Last week was very busy, but interesting.

We met w/Ash's counselor & I am happy to say that she is coming along quite well in her confidence. She feels that Ashley is getting better at expressing her feelings instead of holding them in, she is becoming more independent, and making great strides toward being completely comfortable with making her OWN choices. As far as her mother goes, her counselor feels Matt should give her only the information required in the order until she chooses to cooperate like an equal parent in Ashley's life in ALL respects.

She feels sad that Ashley is being punished by not getting to participate on "her" time. She is also concerned about some statements that were recently made by Ashley. Apparently, she overheard her mother saying that she wished Matt would be shot at work & that a stranger would kill me, Mady & the baby. WOW, what a depraved soul! As much as I dislike her, I would never wish her child harm. That is completely unexceptable. Anyway, now Ashley is afraid every time Matt goes to work. We're working on it by letting her call him right before bed & any time she wakes up during the night.

I don't know why her mother thinks Ashley is so unhappy. Then again, maybe it makes her feel better about the situation. I guess we'll never know. Ashley is such a happy girl in all that she does. I wish that she could see that without all the drama, Ashley could be even happier. I mean, wouldn't it be nice if she could feel that she could love both parents without feeling like she is hurting someone? We've made her feel that on our end & it has really changed her perspective. She knows that she is welcome to talk to us about anything, no matter what.

In fact, she loves to talk about her other sister (whose name will not be used here) at her mother's house & how much she is growing. Yeah, she complains that she cries all the time (she's only about a year old & apparently teething), but we explain that she did the same thing when she was little.

Her counselor feels that we are really doing what is best for Ash by giving her the security to express her feelings about BOTH homes without fear of reprimand or redirection. No, I don't love hearing about "them" but it's what Ashley needs that is important & it really only happens on Sun?mon right after we pick her up or other mini-random Ashley moments, LOL. So, we listen & help her process her thoughts a little. Then, we simply change the subject. It is getting much easier and it really is making her transitions much easier.

Her counselor also mentioned that Ashley was bothered by how much her mother was "bugging her about Kamrynn." GEEZ! Come on, can we not have anything that she doesn't interfere with? Yeah, we did ask Ashley not to tell her about OUR baby until we were ready. I don't think there is anything wrong in that. Matt & I wanted to tell our family & friends first. As his ex, she is neither of those two categories. She is the last person that has the right to know. Why should we feel obligated to tell her? Especially after her intrusion and feeling of entitlement with our miscarriage last May. Why she would question a 5 yr old until she cries is beyond me. She could have just asked us if she were that curious. Then again, obviously, when I posted it on myspace it was public knowledge.

Anyway, she also let us know that the craziness on the mother's end will probably get worse before it gets better (of course) because she will try to amp it up when we don't react. Let's hope we can stand our ground.

Enough of that...

Matt & I helped out with Ashley's kindergarten "Spring Madness" day. They explored Paper & Wood. Each of the four classes had a different theme & stations. I got "folding paper into cups & bunnies" while Matt was SUPER LUCKY and got to help them fold 6 different types of paper in half and in half again and again until they couldn't fold it anymore. LOL!!! I made over 70 cups & 70 bunnies during the day, but it was so worth it! It was fun to watch these little brains be amazed that a square piece of paper could be a cup or even a bunny! BTW, I NEVER want to see another paper bunny in my life! J/K

On the baby front...Kamrynn is oh so active! Wow, Mady wasn't ever this wiggly. I love it & yet, I would love a good night's sleep sometime, LOL. I guess that's what naps are for, too bad I have a 3 and a half year old too! Ashley & Mady are waiting intently for their baby sister.

We go for a 4-D ultrasound this Friday & I can't wait! Matt & I will be in one room with the ultrasound tech, while the girls, Angie, my lil sis Becca, my lil bro Robby & his gf are all going to get to see it on a 50" tv as it happens, is that not cool? We get to see her face, her tiny little body, and get a real sense of who she is! BTW, we found out there may be a chance she is a "he." So, if that happens, we're all in for a surprise. I'll post the pics this weekend of course.

Since we're making some changes around the house to accomodate our little one, we're pretty busy. Nothing major of course, but still necessary. We downsized the living rm (entertainment cntr & desk) which is something I've wanted to do for a WHILE! Plus, we had to make room for MAtt's valentine's day present...a 42" LCD! We rearranged our bedroom for her crib which is a cute sleigh style 4-in one combo that will grow with her (thanks Dad). Kam will stay in our room for a while (prob about 6 mos), then she'll move into the girls' room.

We gave Ashley the choice of her own room, but she said she wanted to keep the playroom. She just asked if she could have the "top bed" & if we could repaint their bedroom with a Disney Princess theme. Mady wants Little Mermaid, Ashley wants "all the other princesses." I guess that's not too much to ask. We even found "baby princesses" for Kamrynn when she moves in!

I'll be sad to see the monkeys & giraffes go this summer...all that hard work, but it shows me how they're growing up & making their own choices. Plus, they'll love helping us paint and decorate! I LOVE IT! We'll just have to make sure we have pictures to put in their albums before we start.

Ashley & Mady both know they'll have their own rooms in the next two years when we build our new home, so its not a big deal. They've already picked out which one will be theirs & everything! The they love to stare at the house plan & say "that's my room" "that's your room" "that's baby Kamrynn's room" and "that's going to be where we play!

I think we're slowly getting to a point of calmness around here. Just in time for a tiny one to throw that all out the window, right? LOL

So, I'll catch ya later everyone...same bat time, same bat channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment